I usually find, that when you try to re-create a scene or situation, it often falls short of the original. That's why most sequels suck. But since it was Janie's 40th birthday, we had to reminisce over the good ol' days of the Portland music scene of the 90's and attend the 20th Anniversary Hazel Reunion show.
We had talked about trying to find a way to spend her 40th
birthday with her in Vegas but due to our recently crazy work schedules, it didn't really seem to pan out. Then when we heard that
Hazel was playing MusicFest NW the day after her birthday so she started looking for tickets and lucked
out with some cheap fares. We threw her
a BBQ on Saturday afternoon which turned in to a campfire early Saturday
night. HLT and I dug through our picture archives to create and display a photo memory board, complete with awesome 80's hair. And Jason made sure we all relived
the 90’s by purchasing a bottle of Jägermeister for birthday shots.
 |
| Pre-show BBQ hangout time. Kaylee liked my playlist. |
After
about 10:00 at night, most of the party guests left and the three of us (Janie,
Matt and I) headed downtown for the show.
The Star Theater was the venue and we had never been there before. It turned out to be really cool place. Three levels with seating as well as a big open
floor area. We must have timed it just
right because the opening band finished as we were walking in and by the time
we got a couple beers, we were able to walk right up to the front row
 |
| Good beer. Good music. Great friends. | | | |
We were positioned just left of center stage in front of
Brady – so close, I think a few of his sweat droplets flew from his brow and
landed in my drink. I noticed just to my right there was a guy with a press
pass and a massive digital camera. I
remember thinking that I wish I could get him to send me a few shots because he
was taking pictures all throughout the show (must have had a MusicFest press
pass). I was delighted to find that he
posted all 345 of his shots from the show on G+ the next day! Here are a few of my faves:
 |
| Brady - bass |
 |
| Pete - guitar |
 |
| Jody - drums |
 |
| Fred - dance |
 |
| View from up top. |
 |
| Pete and Jody played nice. Truly. |
 |
| The after party - Hazel style. |
No comments:
Post a Comment